Turkey is a country with vast landscapes and a colorful cultural heritage. Being a gateway between Asia and Europe, Turkey enjoys massive growth in the economy because of trade and tourism. Tourism in Turkey is itself a major role-playing department in the country’s growth. Home to many historical architectures, beautiful beaches on the Mediterranean coast, world-famous points of interest, and many national parks are the factors that draw many visitors to this country. Despite the fact, that the country has been facing a lot of political turmoil, the tourism department is still on the growth.
People from around the world come to Turkey in order to find suitable jobs and settle here permanently. Dreaming to become a Turkish national, they need to live here but can only do that if they have a job to support themselves financially. Mostly a question is risen on how to find a suitable job in Turkey for foreigners? Here are the top 10 sites that will help you to find jobs in Turkey.
Top 10 Sites to Find Jobs in Turkey
You will need to begin at home if you are hunting for a job in Turkey. To work here you will be needing a work permit. You can apply for this permit at the Turkish embassy in your country. After obtaining this, you can start searching for a suitable job on these sites.
- Expat.com: Expat.com is a great website to find jobs in Turkey. You will need to put select Turkey in the select country section to see a list of Turkish jobs.
- Eleman: Not a popular site but Eleman is worth checking out. The website is in the Turkish language so please make sure to translate it into English. You can find the job openings against job titles and your expertise.
- Kariyer: Kariyer is one of the largest job-finding platforms in Turkey. You’ll need to know Turkish to understand what the website shows or can translate it into your native language.
- Yenibiris: Yenibiris is a top-notch platform to find the best jobs in Turkey. Local people mostly refer to this site when finding a perfect job.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is one of the top platforms to socialize with professional people and find the best jobs that match your skills. You can find Turkish jobs here by filtering out by country name or follow any Turkish businesses to know about any latest job offerings by them.
- Craigslist: Craiglist is one of the best-classified sites on the Internet. They have a Turkey dedicated page for people who are finding jobs in Turkey.
- Indeed: Indeed is one of the USA’s top job hunting websites and people who are seeking job opportunities in Turkey from there can refer to this site.
- Learn 4 Good: There is a high demand for teachers in Turkey for teaching students English as a second language. This website is good for finding online jobs in turkey for English speakers. Other jobs are also listed here.
- Reed.co.uk: A top job-hunting website in the UK, Reed.co.uk is for you if finding jobs in Turkey from there.
- Secretcv: Secretcv is another good Turkish site for finding jobs. Remember to translate the website into your native language to understand it.
Types of Jobs in Turkey
There are various types of jobs available in Turkey for foreigners. The jobs which they can not do include hospital jobs, jobs in the trading sector, and legal offices. All the jobs have some criteria which you should fulfill and a work permit is mandatory. Jobs in hotels or bars depend upon how many local Turkish people are employed there before any foreigner. There are still some best jobs in Turkey for outsiders.
Teaching English in Educational Institutes:
Teachers who can teach English are in high demand in Turkey. Every year hundreds of educational institutes hire English-speaking foreigners to teach this English as a second language. A qualification of TEFL or TESOL is required to fulfill the criteria. This can be obtained by registering yourself in a course in which English is taught in a proficient way. In Turkey, cities like Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir have most of these language schools where there is a high demand for teachers.
Jobs in Holiday Companies:
During the summertime, Turkey is swarmed with tourists coming from different countries from around the world. This time is best for the business of holiday companies. Many companies hire foreigners as translators or tour guides to cater the tourists coming from English-speaking nations. Other jobs include airport reps to move people around the city or other areas. Some of these companies provide accommodation to their employees but the disadvantages of working here are the extensive work hours and unsettlement as you have to move around every time. This can be an optimal type of job in Turkey for Pakistani people.
Au Pair Jobs:
Many Turkish families are looking for a house helper and if you have childcare qualifications with a clean criminal record then this is the best job for you. One of the best paying jobs for foreigners in Turkey, you can get an average wage of more than 400 USD per month. Your accommodation is provided by the family you are working for as you get to stay in their house as well as food. Your job requirement is to help the family with household chores and provide childcare. This is the best opportunity to learn the local Turkish language although many families can speak English as well. This is one of the high talent jobs and can be seen listed in the top 10 sites to find jobs in Turkey.
Jobs in Hotels:
With many tourists coming into Turkey the hotels are always occupied. With more and more hotels being built to cater to the needs of the tourists there is also a rise in job openings in this sector. Salaries are low for the employees but food and accommodation are provided by the company. Most foreigners end up in the entertainment team, spa salons, or as a bartender in the bar area of the hotels.