It is almost October and Thanksgiving day is approaching. This day is celebrated in America, Canada, and other parts of the world, where people give thanks to the blessings of the harvest season. With this day approaching, people belonging to the Christian communities gather for dinners. The most eaten food for these diners is turkey meat. People like eating turkey, be it full roasted meat as a whole or ground meat used in a special white turkey chili or best turkey chili recipe.
The delicious turkey chili recipe is the center of discussion in this article. This recipe is unique because most people add beans in turkey chili to put in extra flavor and enjoy its healthy nutrition. The two types of meat that can be used in this dish are northern beans or red kidney beans. Some people may also combine turkey meat with ground beef to enjoy the flavor of two types of meat.
Types of Turkey Chili Dishes:
There is a variety of turkey chili dishes you can make and all are easy to cook.
Black-Bean Turkey Chili:
If you are trying to avoid the intake of heavy meals during the week then this is a must-try dish. Consisting of black beans and turkey meat, this meal is full of lean proteins and is healthy for your diet.
Turkey and Pinto Beans Chili:
This dish contains some tasty spices that make it lovable for both kids and adults. This turkey chili is made by adding pinto beans, vegetables, ground turkey, and olive oil. Delicious and healthy, this turkey chili dish has low calories and is good for diet-conscious people.
White Turkey Chili:
Ground turkey filled with white cream, this dish will surely make your taste buds go wild. If you have any leftover turkey meat from your Thanksgiving celebrations, turn it into a white turkey chili dish. The cream can be substituted with evaporated milk. Add white beans to make it a tastier and heart-healthy turkey chili dish. Another version of this dish is the keto white turkey chili. It just consists of the same basic constituents but is topped with some keto-friendly ingredients such as bacon, tamari, cumin, bell peppers, jalapenos, and chili powder.
Best Turkey Chili:
Browned ground turkey, with tomatoes, spices, and two kinds of beans, the best turkey chili recipe is an easy-to-make dinner. Here is the recipe for making this scrumptious dish.
- 1lbs browned ground turkey. (Leftovers can be used as well)
- 15-ounce can of northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15-ounce can of dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 10-ounce can of tomatoes and green chilies (should not be drained)
- 1 container of tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- As per your taste, add salt and pepper
- Take 1lbs of ground turkey and brown it over medium heat in a saucepan/pot. Make sure to drain off any grease.
- Add rinsed and drained beans, tomatoes, spices, and tomato juice.
- Stir it well.
- Over the same medium to low heat, allow the chili to simmer until the tomato juice has reduced and thickened.
- All done! Pour it into a bowl and serve it with shredded cheese and green onions.
- If you are serving turkey chili with crackers or nachos then do not add extra salt to the dish itself as these sides will give you the salty taste you need.
- If you love more spicy food, then add more chili powder to your dish.
- If a frozen turkey chili is eaten after rewarming, it will double the taste as it reheats beautifully. Make sure to make a big quantity of it to enjoy later.