Turkish cuisines are popular all across the world. From chicken to beef recipes, the unique aroma and taste of the meat attract visitors. Even the street vendors sell different varieties of meatballs from ground beef or ground lamb. From the mixture to the stewing process, Turkish beef cuisines follow traditional processes to give the ultimate taste of the dish.
Not only cuisines, but ground beef is a must ingredient used in the baked dishes and served with vegetables. It is stuffed in some veggies, börek, and pastries. The filling thus varies slightly but the ground beef enhances the taste of the dish with its juicy texture and fulfilling nature.
Here are some Turkish ground beef recipes you can try.
Turkish Style Minced Meat
Minced meat is a simple recipe that you can cook in Turkish style and eat with flatbread. It is a common dish that follows a traditional recipe and fulfills your craving for spices.
- Turn on the flame on medium heat and put the pan on it. Add some oil to the pan, when it gets heated, add onions and the chopped garlic.
- Cook the onions until they get soft and keep on stirring continuously. When the color of onions starts changing to brown, a flavor will be extracted.
- Now it is time to add spices to it. Add cumin, salt, pepper, and chopped bell peppers into it.
- Keep on cooking so that the spices also get cooked and then add ground beef into it. Keep on cooking and stirring the minced beef for 6 to 8 minutes.
- The meat will cook in the juice that is coming out of it. Now add the tomatoes and chili into it and cook again.
- At this stage, change the heat to low and put a lid on the pan. Allow the mixture to simmer and cook the minced beef in tomato juice.
- Keep on stirring the dish until its color changes and the meat gets cooked properly.
- At the final stage, add parsley over the dish and serve it with flatbread.
Köfte – Grilled Meatballs
‘Cızbız’ (JUZ’ BUZ’) or meatball cuisine is a popular dish of Turkey. From the taste it gives to its sizzling sound on the grill, meatballs deliver the ultimate taste of the ground beef. In some restaurants or at home, meatballs are made from ground beef alone or with a mixture of chicken and lamb as well.
- Turkish beef kofta recipe is served with cooked Turkish rice instead of bread.
- The meat is mixed with onion and garlic pulp with all the spices into it.
- Keep the mixture for 2 hours so that the mixture unites properly and the taste grooves into the meat.
- The meatballs are made with hands and coated with eggs and flour so that they do not break.
- The meatballs are then fried in oil from all sides. In this way, they get a crispy crust and are tender and juicy from inside.
- Serve the dish with rice or french fries.
Turkish İçli Köfte is a meatball recipe that is stuffed with nuts, bulgur, and potato. The dish is popular in the southeastern area of Turkey and is loved by visitors. Some restaurants offer this dish as an appetizer or finger food at parties.
- Make the mixture of meat with regular ingredients of the Turkish ground beef kebab recipe.
- While making balls of the meat, stuff the mixture into it.
- Fry the balls with the egg and flour coating.
- Serve the dish with dill, yogurt, or cucumber dip.
Eggplant ground beef Turkish recipe
Turkish Karnıyarık is a Turkish cuisine made with tender eggplant and ground beef. The delicious dish gives the ultimate taste of both vegetables and meat. The juicy and tender eggplant is very fulfilling at the lunch or dinner table.
- Make mixture to stuff in the eggplant.
- Mix beef with onions, tomatoes, and garlic, and then fill it in the eggplant.
- Grease the baking dish with some oil and place eggplant.
- Bake the eggplant in the oven and enjoy it.
Turkish Ground Beef Pasta Recipe
Yogurt Kiymali Makarna is a delicious Turkish cuisine that fulfills your craving for pasta and beef together. The aroma of sauces and meat gives a unique taste to the pasta.
- Boil some water and add some salt and oil into it. Drain it once they are done.
- Make a mixture of yogurt, mint, lemon, and chopped garlic. Add salt to taste.
- Cut and chop the onions and make pulp.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and add onions. Cook them until they get golden brown.
- Now add ground beef into it with some chopped garlic. Cook it until its color changes.
- Now once the meat is cooked, add pasta into it with lots of butter. Add salt too.
- Mix them well and keep on stirring so that the taste unites.
- Serve the dish with some fresh salad and Cakik.
Turkish Ground Beef and Spinach Recipe
If you love green vegetables, the dish is for you. Turkish ground beef with spinach is delicious yet a healthy dish.
- Preheat the oil in the pan and saute some onions and garlic. Put some oregano leaves while stirring.
- Now add ground beef into the pan and cook until its color changes.
- Add some salt, half a cup of water, and cook it.
- Now add some lemon juice and spinach into the mixture.
- Cook it well and add water if required.
- Let it all simmer for half an hour so that the mixture delivers the required taste and aroma.
Turkish Ground Beef Pide Recipe
If you love both pide and beef, this is going to be your favorite recipe. You can find this traditional Turkish cuisine on the menu of every restaurant.
- To make a dough, take a large bowl and add flour, salt, sugar, some oil, milk, and yeast and mix it well. Knead it until it gets into the form. Leave the dough for an hour and knead it again, it will become puffy.
- To make pide, grease the surface and knead it into the shape.
- To prepare the beef topping, chop onions and cook it in oil, add beef and garlic into it and cook until its color changes.
- Add some tomatoes and cook the meat again.
- Add spinach and tomato puree into the mixture.
- Preheat the baking oven at 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9.
- Take a bowl and stir garlic, coriander, mint, and sumac into it.
- Make a rectangle of the dough, spread the mixture, and fold the edges of the dough to make a boat shape.
- Four the baking tray and put pide on it. Bake it for 10 minutes so that the crust cooks and becomes golden.
- Serve the dish with garlic yogurt.